Wednesday, February 22, 2012

DIY Yarn Wrapped Monograms

Something about a monogram shouts, "Family Pride" to me. It is one of the best accents to make a house a home. I love the many ways you can find monograms displayed. Some that caught my eye were the wooden letters. They are found every where these days from babies rooms to front doors. Fonts, heights, thickness, materials the options are endless! But, have you seen the prices of the bigger sizes? Ouch! 

Well, being as frugal as we are, I begged the husband to use some of our scrap wood and cut me one. :) 


Next decision was to paint or not to paint?! I used pinterest to get my creative juices flowing and found so many people are making the yarn wrapped letters. What a great idea! I have an abundance of yarn tucked away in my craft closet. So I pulled out a neutral color that would fit in with our rustic decor and began wrapping. 

Since this letter was super sized to fit our gigantic mantel it took some time and brains to keep wrapping. I will openly admit that it has its flaws if you look close enough; but I am happy with the results! 

                     

Its another perfect addition to our mantel re-do. I also am so pleased at how it is all coming together and with no money spent on new supplies. Everything we have had just laying around. :)


~Keli~

No comments:

Post a Comment