Sunday, March 25, 2012

Minnie Mouse 1st Birthday Party!!


Happy 1st Birthday Holly!!!

We had an amazing 1st birthday celebration. Holly was surrounded by lots of family and friends! This was the only picture I was able to snap of the two of us!
 :( But, that's the price you pay being hostess to a one year old and her friends. ;)



I had several crafts leading up to this day and didn't take any tutorial pictures. However, most projects were inspired by others who had some awesome tutorials for you all!

I know you all are checkin' out my "cute as a button" Minnie mouse ears. :)
The Suburban Mom had the easiest tutorial I could find to whip these out quickly and budget friendly. 

The cake and cupcakes were inspired by many pictures, blogs and pins. I went with cherry chip cake so it flowed with the pink and white Minnie theme. I topped them with pink cream cheese frosting. Sprinkled with edible pearls and the ears are Hershey drops! They were delicious!  


Food is always a big test for me. Do we have a meal? Snacks? Just cake and ice cream? Well, since this IS for my 1 year old I went with finger foods! It was a nice, stress-less idea! Lots of my amazing friends brought a dish and we even had Minnie cakepops! It was a feast. 


No party is complete without the perfect birthday outfit! This is a Minnie inspired pillow case dress. I couldn't resist making one. They are too simple not to have one in every color! Plus, my favorite part is that they can be worn from a dress to a top as they grow! 



Happy Birthday Sweet Girl!

~Keli~

No comments:

Post a Comment