Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Freezer Breakfast Burritos!

Have you thought about freezer cooking and just aren't sure where to start? Well, you would be a lot like me then. I love, love, LOVE cooking for my family but some days there just isn't enough time! I work full-time, have a family and go to college full-time! I am a very busy momma! So, with time being limited I have been looking for more ways to simplify our time.
I already menu plan our dinner meals for a whole month. I get asked all the time what I do for breakfasts and lunches. My usual answer is something quick for breakfast and leftovers for lunch, however, this month I tried something new!
 
That is where these make ahead breakfast burritos came in!
 
 
Here is what I did...

 
Now for the explanation since sometimes pictures don't say it all. :)
 
I bought two pounds of ground pork sausage and added one pound to each skillet. Browned and crumbled each pan and drained all the excess grease. Next, I scrambled 9 eggs for each pan, dumped it in and heated through. In one pan I added a 4 oz can of diced green chili's for some added flavor! After all the egg mixture was cooked I set up the station. I heated the tortillas in the microwave for a minute or so. I added about a 1/3 cup of the egg mixture to each tortilla, topped with shredded cheese and rolled them up! I kept this going until I was out of mixture. I was able to make about a dozen burritos per pan of egg mixture. So, 24 total. Once they were all rolled I wrapped them tightly with seran wrap. Tucked them into freezer bags and put into the freezer! Easy Peasy!!
 
When you are ready to heat one: unwrap from the seran wrap, wrap in a paper towel and microwave for a 1 1/2 to 2 minutes. Enjoy!!
 
These were delicious! The kids love them, the hubby feels like he can get a home cooked breakfast on the go and I don't stress that my family is left hungry after their cereal. :)
 
 What ideas do you have for filling on the go bf meals?
Comment below and don't forget to follow!!
 
~Momma Keli~

No comments:

Post a Comment